Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do...

Watching 2001: A Space Odyssey even more cemented my true belief that humanity will see its fall at the cold metal hands of robots.  It really is one of those threats that we keep feeding rather than to precautions to, like poking an angry bear with a stick or giving a small hyperactive child a hand gun. It's the true goal to not only be sure that robots can out smart us but can get to the level where their own rational will tell them to disobey us. Why exactly do we want robots to act like humans? Sure it would be incredibly impressive to somehow clone the human psyche in to a synthetic body but at what cost to us? If we accomplish this goal then we will have incredibly smart, strong, and moody  metal terrorists at large. I read an article the other day that explained how  a group actually programmed a robot to get angry if you don't hug it... so the first human emotion they just taught that mechanical potential killing machine was anger... Real great job guys, really thinking ahead. Now I'm no person to be stifled and frightened by all new technology but I'd just prefer it my computer if my computer didn't get angry at me every time I shut it down for the night.

1 comment:

  1. Very funny posts - love the Iam Malcolm Cat and the Henry Wu response. Where's the sixth log? 25/30

    ReplyDelete